Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pageant Hair

What should I do with my hair?

Sometimes our hair has a mind of its own. Sometimes I think it may be easier to shave my head than have to always fuss with my hair, but if the truth be told I love my hair because it is one thing I can change about me at anytime!

Since the judges only have a short period of time to see you before they choose the new queen, you want them to automatically recognize you when they see you. Therefore it may be a good idea for you to ear your hair the same way through all competition.

Also, make sure your hair style is complimentary to your face. We can communicate with our eyes, so make sure the judges can see them.

Time is another factor. Don't settle on a hair style that can not be completed in a short period of time. There is not much time between areas of competition to always change your hair style. If you choose to change your hair style make it simple changes. Time between competitions is very short and can be hectic.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind about your hair.

Keep it simple Keep the ends of your hair trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks to prevent split endsCondition your hair for shine, all the back combing, hairspray and products can play it toll on your hair.